Are you suffering from gum disease? Gum disease, also called periodontal disease, is an extremely common, yet serious oral infection to your gum tissue. Gum disease is caused by a variety of factors, including plaque buildup within our mouths, that if left untreated, can progressively damage your gums and cause irreparable tooth loss.
Prevent gum disease from destroying your smile by looking for the following symptoms that may be occurring:
– Do your gums effortlessly bleed when eating food or brushing and flossing?
– Do you suffer from recurring bouts of halitosis (bad breath) no matter how regularly you brush and floss?
– Do your teeth ever feel loose or wobbly?
– Does it look like your gums are moving away from your teeth, exposing more of their roots?
– Do you continue to participate in bad habits for your oral health such as smoking or chewing tobacco, or using drugs?
– Have you been prescribed any medications that list gum disease as a possible side effect?
– Do you have sensitive gums that look different or are extremely sensitive and tender to the touch?
If you would like to schedule an appointment with Elite Dentistry PC for a gum disease treatment, please call our dentist office at (630) 592.8116. We are located in Addison, Illinois, and Dr. Mohamed Waheed and all of our wonderful team look forward to doing our best to ensure your oral health remains terrific.