We all know this time of year is extremely popular for the yummy treats lurking around every corner available at our fingertips. That is why this time of year, it is vital to keep your oral health in pristine shape. Our team is happy to give you advice on how to keep scary things like cavities and gum disease at bay this time of year.
Here are some tips and tricks for keeping your smile healthy this spooktacular season:
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
If you would like to learn more about how to avoid cavities this holiday season, feel free to come by our office at Elite Dentistry PC in Addison, Illinois, or give us a call at (630) 279.3333. A member of our friendly staff is always here to address any questions you may have about your oral care. So, call us today and start off this holiday season healthy and cavity free.