Preventive dental care is crucial for maintaining the health of your teeth and gums throughout your life. What is preventive dentistry and what are the benefits? Dr. Mohamed Waheed is a dentista at Elite Dentistry in Addison IL, where he and his staff can discuss preventive dental care in multiple languages.
Defining Preventive Dental Care
Preventive care is a combination of daily brushing and flossing and regular dental visits. It should begin in early childhood and continue throughout your life. Addison dentista patients feel quite at home in Dr. Waheed’s office, whatever their nationality and they make sure that they schedule their six-monthly appointments in advance, so they never miss a dental check-up.
Dr. Waheed provides the following preventive services:
- Six-month oral evaluations
- Teeth scaling and planing
- Routine X-rays
- Screening for oral cancer
Your Role in Preventive Care
The other part of your preventive dental care should happen at home:
- Brushing your teeth at least twice each day
- Replacing your toothbrush regularly
- Flossing daily
- Rinsing with mouthwash
- Avoiding acid food or foods high in sugar
- Not smoking
- Avoiding teeth grinding or clenching
The Benefits of Preventive Care
At-home and in-office preventive care provide the following benefits:
- Significantly reduces your risk of gum disease and tooth decay.
- Promotes healthy oral hygiene.
- Saves you time spent in the dentist’s chair, reducing dental costs.
- Provides early warning of any dental issues.
- Helps to reduce issues related to chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes.
If you want to know more about how you can protect yourself and your family with preventive care, or you are looking for a dentist in Addison IL, call Dr. Mohamed Waheed of Elite Dentistry at (630) 279-3333.