This holiday season, brush your teeth early and often. Because we tend to eat more meals during this time of year, it’s important to care for your teeth now as well as every other time of the year.
Taking care of our teeth begins with brushing, and the American Dental Association recommends that we brush our teeth at least twice every day. To help you take advantage of excellent oral health habits, here are a few things you can be doing to improve your oral health:
– Keep your toothbrushes clean and properly stored when not in use.
– Make sure to brush your teeth for 2 minutes, at least twice daily.
– Look for toothbrushes and toothpaste that are dentist-recommended with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Visit your dentist every six months or as directed for an oral exam with Dr. Mohamed Waheed, or a professional cleaning.
– Use toothbrushes with softer bristles, as harder bristles can damage your gums. Also, be sure not to press too hard. The goal is to clean the teeth, not strip them of their enamel.
– Many holiday delights can leave residue behind in hard to reach places, so be sure to brush thoroughly on all sides and surfaces of each tooth.
– Chewy candies and hard candies can be extremely difficult to brush away. If possible, avoid them, or give extra care to brushing your teeth after consumption.
With the proper oral health care holiday hygiene, you can make your mouth dazzle this holiday season. For more information about brushing your teeth, or to schedule an appointment at Elite Dentistry PC in Addison, Illinois, please call us at (630) 279.3333 to speak with a member of our team. Let us help you find your healthy smile!