Treat your dental implants with care. Elite Dentistry PC stresses the importance that must be given for your oral health care including care for artificial teeth. Although implants may not be real teeth, they still must be cared for in a way much similar to natural healthy teeth.
The first step in caring for your implants begins with you. Listed below are some of the guidelines for ensuring your replacements continue to work efficiently and effectively for your smile:
– If you have any issues with your oral health, be sure to visit Elite Dentistry PC for an oral exam. Also, make sure to attend your regularly scheduled appointments.
– Do not chew on inedible items such as pens or pencils.
– Brush twice daily and floss once daily. Always make sure to clean all sides of each tooth and behind your last set in the back of your mouth.
– Avoid all foods that may be too hard to chew. During the festive season, this includes giant candy canes, peppermint bark, or hard peanut brittle.
– Stop smoking and chewing tobacco. Smoking can cause bone structure weakness, which can lead to your implants failing.
Dental implants can make your smile whole once more. To set up an appointment with Dr. Mohamed Waheed, please call our office in Addison, Illinois at (630) 592.8116. Fill in the empty spaces in your smile with dental implants today!